Easy-moderate Cycle tour in an unique mountain region.
The northern part of Epirus is mostly unknown and undiscovered, but spectacular and of unique beauty. The whole region of Konitsa and Zagori is full of ottoman stone bridges, awesome mountain villages built in a traditional architecture and an impressive scenery of mountain ranges. The region is part of the Pindos Mountain Range and one of the most picturesque regions in Greece. This cycle tour leads to the most important sights of Konitsa and Zagori – so of course also Vikos Gorge, the deepest gorge of the world.
Some Highlights of the tour:
- Μonastery of Μolivdoskepasti
- Church of Saint Apostles and Laboratory of Raki in Molivdoskepasti
- Stone Bridges of Konitsa (1870) and Klidonia (1853)
- Monodendri, one of the most beautiful villages of Zagori
- Churches of Saint Athanasios and Saint Minas in Monodendri
- Monastery of Saint Paraskevi with breathtaking view into Vikos Gorge
Day 1: Arrival Konitsa
Day 2: Konitsa – Delvinaki
Day 3: Delvinaki – Zitsa
Day 4: Monodendri– Doliane
Day 5: Kipi – Aristi
Day 6: Aristi - Konitsa
Day 7: Monastery Circle